Illegal Weapons Possession in Oklahoma
While Oklahoma law protects responsible gun owners with proper permits, police and prosecutors take a hard stance against possession of illegal weapons as well as possessing weapons of any kind in certain locations.
Specific weapons are prohibited under Oklahoma law, regardless of whether or not a person possesses a permit. These weapons include:
- Ammunition larger than .45 caliber
- Bowie knives
- Metal knuckles
- Armor-piercing bullets
- Loaded canes
The penalty for possessing any of these items is a $500 fine.
Where All Firearms are Prohibited
The law designates both which weapons are illegal and where it is illegal to carry any weapon. Even if you possess a concealed or open carry license, it is illegal to have any weapon:
- In any government owned property, including office buildings and courthouses
- In a bar
- In a jail, prison or detention center
- In a public or private elementary or secondary school
- On the property of a college, university or technical school
- To a professional sporting event held in an arena
- In any place where gambling is legally allowed
If convicted, you could face serious fines and time behind bars.
Schedule a Free, No Obligation Consultation