Manufacture of Methamphetamine
If you are charged with manufacturing methamphetamine in Oklahoma, you are could be in serious trouble. Methamphetamine, also known as “crank” or “crystal meth” is a very potent form of amphetamine. It is a highly abused drug in Oklahoma, a state that is a top contender for having one of the country’s worst meth problems.
To combat the problem, Oklahoma has developed stricter control of pseudoephedrine, an ingredient in over-the-counter cold and sinus medications which is used to make methamphetamine. The state created the Oklahoma Methamphetamine Offender Registry Act, which:
- • Assigns those to the Registry who are convicted of or plead guilty to any methamphetamine-related crime
- • Tracks known meth offenders
- • Makes it a criminal offense for those on the Registry to possess, purchase, or be in control of any amount of pseudoephedrine, even with a prescription.
Penalties for possession, manufacture, and trafficking meth are severe.
Manufacturing methamphetamine is a felony, as are possession, trafficking, distribution, or violation of the Oklahoma Methamphetamine Offender Registry Act. In fact:
- • Even if it is your first offense, you could face two years in prison.
- • A second possession charge doubles the penalty: four to 20 years in prison.
- • If convicted of possession with distribution or intent to distribute, or manufacturing meth, life imprisonment is a very real possibility.